mobile device navbar

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Noelb
Regular

mobile device navbar

Post by Noelb »

Howdy, using the 2k11 theme, the navbar on multiple desktop browsers is of course fine, however a niggly problem I've been meaning to ask about for a long time is when on mobile device the navbar options become a radio style dropdown, but these do nothing if using onclick window.open,again, works perfect on desktop, in fact changing the mobile browser to desktop layout (and getting the telescope out to read the page) where it displays the normal navbar, albeit 5000 times smaller, it works, opening the link in a new tab, javascript is enabled, and popups are too (although popups seems not needed as desktop layout version works without it), I am using v2.4 as that machine is still on php7 (dont ask....) but I remember this being an issue in much earlier versions too.

I am not a web dev so maybe overlooking something somewhere...

Any suggestions or is this a known bug?
onli
Regular

Re: mobile device navbar

Post by onli »

Not a known bug to my knowledge, and a test in a 2k11 blog just showed that this works in general. Is there maybe an error message in the browser console? If some other Javascript died, like from a plugin, that might block the navigation from working.
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

onli wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:17 pm Not a known bug to my knowledge, and a test in a 2k11 blog just showed that this works in general. Is there maybe an error message in the browser console? If some other Javascript died, like from a plugin, that might block the navigation from working.
Nothing out of the ordinary, on browser no inspection errors or any that stuff, tried 2 different mobile browser as well, both however are chromium based, and no idea if they even have an inspection console (opera, and samsung browser), if I remove the onscript parts and call them as normal it works.

But I use onscript so desktop users (the dominant browsers here) get a resized small popup window for contact and an info window, that looks plain silly opening an entire new window, even the desktop browser serendipity puts into mobile mode for contact, which is fine by me, it has allowed me easy access to try debug this, thats when I discovered the bug is not the mobile JS its universal, else it would work on the desktop resized as well, where it does not, well it shows only one error and thats a recaptcha related error, stack size exceeded, surely thats not preventing simple navbar actions
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Possible to send me the link, either here or via a private message?
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Okay, received.

I can confirm the bug. And there is no error message visible.

I'd guess it conflicts with the new page mode that is active on desktop. If you deactivate that so it opens in the same page, then it works?
Noelb
Regular

Post by Noelb »

onli wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:38 am Okay, received.

I can confirm the bug. And there is no error message visible.

I'd guess it conflicts with the new page mode that is active on desktop. If you deactivate that so it opens in the same page, then it works?
Yes, if I remove the onclick new window stuff, it works fine