comment notifications died

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Noelb
Regular

comment notifications died

Post by Noelb »

I've stopped being notified when comments are posted, no settings have been changed, no postfix log entries, and no errors in any apache logfile or php_error file, even set the log option to debug, nothing, zilch.

However, we can rule out postfix, and likely apache mail scripting, since if I use the contact page to send myself a test private message, postfix gets it and delivers it.

I'm running ser 2.4 this is on a php 7 machine, it shares another bit of software that does not run on php8 - yet, so hesitant to update to 8.3 (maybe by December they tell us) but anyway, how can I find out where the comments are failing - they are received and in the dashboard and approvable, I'm just not getting told about them.
onli
Regular

Re: comment notifications died

Post by onli »

Hi Noelb, could you solve this?

I would have to suggest that this is not possible - something has to have changed, and likely candidate is the mail setup, even if the contact form still works. Maybe some filter somewhere?

If nothing shows up in the logs, it could be necessary to debug this in the code, by adding echo statements. The serendipity_mailSubscribers function is in include/functions_comments.inc.php. And there is a serendipity_sendMail function in include/functions.inc.php. At least there it would be possible to check that the mail sending is being triggered.